This commit is made based on the following implication:
- Reportbug *will* always use debian-swirl as its icon
- The standard icon for debian-swirl is from gnome-icon-theme
- Reportbug is suitable to provide "places/debian-swirl" icon
in fallback "hicolor" theme.
As a result, the following changes were made:
- Do not install bundled debian-swirl.svg into private dir,
as previously written in setup.py.
+ Instead, install SVG file into
$prefix/icons/hicolor/scalable/places/ using dh_install.
* On GNOME system when $prefix/icons/gnome/ dir exists, this svg
file will be overridden by the icon provided by GNOME.
* If *any* other icon theme (e.g., Numix, etc) provides the
debian-swirl icon, that will override the svg file provided by
* If no other icon theme exists and GNOME is not installed, the
fallback (hicolor theme) svg icon will be used.
I believe that is enough to fix Debian Bug #836253.
For more information, please refer to the Icon Theme Specification: