**sshguard** protects hosts from brute-force attacks against SSH and other
services. It aggregates system logs and blocks repeat offenders using one of
several firewall backends.
- Website: https://www.sshguard.net/
- Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/sshguard/sshguard/
See `<INSTALL.rst>`_ for dependencies and detailed instructions. Briefly:
If you are building from **Git**, run this first::
Then, build it like a normal source distribution::
make && make install
Copy the sample configuration file `<examples/sshguard.conf.sample>`_ and
follow the setup instructions in `sshguard-setup(7)
<doc/sshguard-setup.7.rst>`_. See `sshguard(8) <doc/sshguard.8.rst>`_ for
See `<CONTRIBUTING.rst>`_ for both people who want to write code, and those
who do not.
**sshguard** is available under the terms of the `OpenBSD license
which is based on the ISC License. See `<COPYING>`_ for details.
* Michele Mazzucchi <email@example.com>,
* T.J. Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
* Kevin Zheng <email@example.com>