scripts), to allow special control of tasks during new installs.
- Add a new "standard" task which defaults to being marked for install
on new installs and is otherwise hidden (because removing it makes
little sense), and which causes all standard or above priority packages
to be installed. Closes: #301273, #298702
- Remove the -r, -i, and -s switches as unnecessary given the standard
- Remove the -n switch since it was intended to be used with other removed
- Make the lang test only do anything on new installs, to avoid tasksel
looking at the LANG variable in everyday use.
- Rename Packages field in input task files to Packages-list to allow
really specifying a Packages value.
and descriptions. This info is stored in the debian-tasks domain, for use
by any program that needs it.
* Modified data.c to set the domain to match the task file it is reading,
and use gettext on translatable strings. Closes: #157848
* Included a slighlty outdated tasks/po/de.po.
* laptop: to support specific laptop HW, add tcp, mwavem, tpctl,
thinkpad-base, i8kutils, and sjog. vaiostat is left commented until
more than a source package is available. Closes: #201398
* dialup: Remove anacron. Closes: #202882
* Patch from Denis Barbier to fix encoding problems in it.po, ja.po.
This also adds an updatepo target. Closes: #203398
* Split broadband task out of dialup. Closes: #201764
* Moved broadband, dialup, and laptop into hardware.
* Moved science to misc.
* Change task sorting for display: Sort first on a new Relevance field,
then by short description (not name).
* Add bluez-utils to laptop task. Closes: #202881
- Renamed Essential field to Key, to prevent confusion.
- Implemented dropping of tasks that are missing key packages.
- Enhanced listpackages.pl with support for listing key packages.
- makedesc.pl too.
- Key packages do not need to be listed under Packages too.
- Updated tcl/tk to 8.4.
- Removed localces from language tasks; language-env depends on it.
- Changed around what is Key and what is not, more changes than I can
- Don't expand lsb package's deps, we want the whole thing or nothing.
- Added makeoverride.pl, which will generate an override file from a
directory of task files.
- Remove user-de and user-es, language-env superscedes.
- Back to just gimp for desktop task.
- If a task is not in the task desc files, but is in the available file
as a Task: line, do not display it.