- Session manager FAQ:
- 1) Question:
- xfce4-session complains about /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root. What
- should I do?
- This is just a security warning. You can either ignore, or change the
- owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix to root. For example, I execute the following
- commands on system startup:
- test -d /tmp/.ICE-unix || mkdir /tmp/.ICE-unix
- chown root /tmp/.ICE-unix
- chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
- 2) Question:
- What do I need to do in order to use xfce4-session as session manager
- with Xfce4?
- If you have a recent xfce-utils (post 20030708) then xfce4-session
- is automatically started by startxfce4 as long as you don't have
- a file ~/.xfce4/xinitrc in your home directory. Alternatively you
- can copy the file $sysconfdir/xfce4/xinitrc.xfce4-session to
- ~/.xfce4/xinitrc and start your X session using the startxfce4 script.